Contract Manager/Sales Representative
Salaried position amount is not listed.
Contract Manager/Sales Representative is responsible for finding and attracting new customers, all while continuing to provide an excellent level of customer service for the current customers that you are assigned to in accordance with the BARNSCO Michigan values. You will be responsible for making recommendations on products that best suit the customer needs, submitting orders and ensuring a timely delivery or pick up. You must have the ability to communicate effectively and be able to address the customer’s needs and concerns in a manner that is beneficial to BARNSCO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess knowledge of products carried, their applications and process of use.
- Provide customers with product specifications as needed. “Consultative Selling”.
- Possess knowledge of and display ability to answer technical questions regarding concrete construction materials.
- Prepare quotes on the sale or rental of supplies and equipment.
- Quickly obtain and confirm prices in operating systems. Contract Manager/SR’s have internal support to assist in gathering data.
- Verifying product availability and status as needed.
- Develop “outside of the box” sales strategies for attracting more customers and for retention and growth of current customers.
- Submit requests to supporting SR for customer account initialization and maintenance.
- Place outbound sales generation calls as designated by sales.
- Perform other duties as required by Sales.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of three-five years of Sales experience within the construction industry preferred.
- Minimum of as Associates Degree preferred.
- This position requires a self-motivated, goal-oriented person that can work independently.
- Must have strong organizational skills, good computer and general office skills.
- Experience with order-entry software would be valuable.
Desired Skills Also Includes:
- Well organized and takes good notes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel, Outlook
- Previous experience in Biztrack, DOT a bonus
- Communicates well with external / internal customers both on the phone and in person
- Willing to gain product knowledge daily
- Good with time management
- Problem solver for both internal and external customers
- Professional appearance in relation to being in the construction field.
- Complete understanding of the sales cycle and ability to complete consistently
- Able to work well with administrative employees (AR / AP, Collections, Engineering, etc.)